Sunday, November 6, 2011

12 Weeks of Christmas #7- Welcome Christmas


Hi Everyone, today I have another Christmas card for you using the Welcome Christmas Stamp Set from Stampin Up together with the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder and the new Champagne Glass Glitter.  I have embossed the word Joy using the new Cherry Cobbler Embossing Powder and I have used Soft Suede Ink to highlight the pattern in the embossing folder.

I demonstrated this card yesterday for my WOW presentation at the Brisbane Regional Seminar for Stampin Up.  I was asked to present a WOW technique in 5 Minutes.  I decided to show how to ink up the inside of your embossing folders which helps accentuate the pattern of the folder once you run it through the Big Shot.  We all know the technique of rubbing a sponge dauber or piece of sponge over the raised impression but I thought I would highlight the background "Recessed" part by inking it in a different or similar colour to the cardstock.  In my next post I will describe how I achieve this technique and show you the other cards I had to display at Regionals.  Stay tuned.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...