Monday, November 28, 2011

12 Weeks of Christmas #9 - Welcome Christmas Swing Card



Ok, I know I have missed a week.  These weeks are coming and going so fast and I am struggling to keep up with all there is to do.  Two weeks of School left, Teacher's Presents to organise not to mention the family and getting things ready for Christmas for us.

Today I have a card that I made as a special treat for my mum.  Its called a swing card and when it closes the middle piece swings back on itself and folds up into the size of a normal card.  You can find a wonderful tutorial at Splitcoaststampers by clicking here

I've used the music wheel to add a bit of interest to the background and added a couple of embossed corners to create texture.  In the middle piece I have gone quite elaborate and cut out both the Wreath and the word Joy and mounted them up on Dimensionals.  I have put two thicknesses behind the "O" to keep it at the same height as the "J" and "Y".  I also clear embossed the word Joy and added Crystal Effects to the small berries on the wreath.


The glittery gold looking cardstock was made using Soft Suede this time and my Trusty Champagne Shimmer Paint spread over the edges using a dauber to create a gold glimmer paper.  This card looks so good in real life.  Definately not one you throw together in 15 minutes but the effort you put in sure is worth it when it's finished.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...