Sunday, March 4, 2012

Everybunny Watercolour Wonder Crayons

Hello everyone, finally I have got my act together, worked out my new laptop and got myself organised to   make something for you all to enjoy.  It's only taken me a little over a month LOL.

Today I have a card for you using the gorgeous little stamp set called Everybunny from the current Stampin Up IBC.   With Easter fast approaching and my upcoming Watercolour Wonder Crayon Class, I decided to combine the two and create this little number for you.   I have 3 other cards we will be making but I'll post them soon.


 So here I've used Pool Party, Calypso Coral and Very Vanilla Cardstock together with some DSP from the current Sale-a-bration Catalogue called Everyday Enchantment.  There is also the dainty little Organdy Ribbon as well also from the SAB Catty.


So here I stamped the little girl bunny with Black Stayzon Ink onto water colour paper.  I have then used my Watercolour Wonder Crayons to colour in the different sections using a water brush.  I used my brush to collect colour from the end of the crayon rather than the tip to keep the tip in its point.  If you notice, there are shaded sections of the stamp image and if you concentrate your colour in those sections first and then brush the colour outwards from there you get the best results for your shading.   We don't have Calypso Coral in the crayons so I substituted Riding Hood Red for her dress and the basket ribbon which I think works a treat.   Finally I ran my Sahara Sand Marker around the edge of the image to make it "POP".

The scalloped circle comes from the Perfect Pennants Die which I ran through my Big Shot.  The circle that the bunny is on comes from the Circles #2 Die and fits perfectly inside the scalloped circle.

I will have more cards from my upcoming class to show you as I finish them.  I promise to keep this blog more up to date from now on........
xx

I almost forgot to thank my friend and fellow SU team member Genelle Little for the inspiration of my card.  She made this card for our Brisbane Regionals as her swap.  Thanks Genelle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...